Due to our busy and hectic schedules today, we always choose to eat foods that are easily prepared or simply order from fast food joints just to save time and get back to our regular work and daily routines. However, we fail to see the one most important thing… our health.
Most foods that are being prepared instantly and those that are being sold by fast food joints are unhealthy. We may take pleasure in eating such foods because it is more convenient for us today, however, given the time 10 or 20 years from now, it will be a different case. Your body organs will suffer from the unhealthy foods that you eat. One of these organs that will be highly affected is your liver.
Aside from the foods that we ingest, our liver can also feel stressed when you are stress; tired when you are tired; and it can give up even if you do not want too. Hence, it is very important to take care of your liver so that you won’t face a problematic liver someday.
We recommend that you do liver cleansing, but then, you might ask how to cleanse your liver? The process is very simple. To learn how to detox your liver, just read this. It can be done through proper food intake or some additions to your diet. Here are some foods for liver cleanse that you can indulge in:
- Apples. Ever believe in the saying, “an apple a day, keeps the doctors away”? if you don’t, then it is high time for you to believe it now. Apples contain pectin that is very helpful in cleansing toxins situated on your digestive tract. It will release the toxins in the stomach which will make it easier for the liver to do the cleaning process.
- Lemons and limes. Aside from boosting our immune system because of their Vitamin C component, these particular fruits are also good for liver due to the same vitamin component. Vitamin C helps the body synthesize toxic materials to substances that are easily absorbed by water. All you have to do is to drink fresh lemon or lime juice every morning and this will already stimulate your liver.
- Walnuts. High in glutathione, this particular food is good in cleaning the liver. It also contains arginine, an amino acid that helps the liver detoxify ammonia. All you have to do is to eat walnuts and you are already on the process of detoxification. However, you need to consider that you chew them well until they liquefy before you swallow them.
- Alternative grains. This does not mean to add the alternative grains to your diet, but it also mean you have to stay away from eating grains that have high levels of gluten since they are full of toxins. Hence, instead of eating wheat, flour, and other whole grains, why don’t you try substituting them with millet, quinoa or buckwheat?
- Leafy green vegetables. Always a power up when it comes to health choices, eating green leafy vegetables is a good way on how to detox your liver as they contain large amount of chlorophyll which absorbs toxins from the blood stream. They also have the power to neutralize chemicals or pesticides as well as heavy metals making them a good liver cleaning agent.